Visiting a chiropractor is much like visiting any medical doctor. Your first visit will require a few extra steps to ensure we treat you effectively and safely. Here’s what you can expect:
A Full Medical History
Be prepared to answer questions about:
- Prior and existing medical conditions, if any.
- Relevant family medical history
- Past and current treatments
- The names and contact information of your current doctors
Current State of Health
Your chiropractor will also review the reason why you are visiting a chiropractor. They will want to know:
- How often are you in pain?
- Where does it hurt?
- How bad the pain is on a scale of 1 to 10?
After going over your medical history and quizzing you about your pain, your chiropractor will conduct a physical examination. This will help determine the problem and come up with a solution. Your chiropractor will look at:
- Muscle tone
- Range of motion of the problematic area
- Muscle strength and the integrity of the nerves in that location
Be prepared to move around as necessary for the chiropractor to get a sense of your bodily movements. It’s a good idea to wear loose clothing to all your chiropractic appointments!
In order to come up with the right solution for your pain, your chiropractor may have you undergo a series of tests. These can include:
- CAT scans
- Blood tests
If such test are neccessary, your chiropractor may have you go to a separate clinic or hospital for these.
If you have any questions at all about what to expect about your first visit to Performance Chiropractic, please feel free to call us!