Massage and Kinesio Taping in Edmonton, AB
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is a hands-on therapy aimed to improve health and well being by reducing pain and stress. By utilizing a combination of myofascial therapies, treatment is focused on reducing trigger points, chronic strain patterns, adhesions, and scar tissue in order to achieve a quick return to peak performance.At Performance Chiropractic our therapists specialize in:
- Clinical Sports Massage Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Injury Rehabilitation
What Are The Benefits of Massage?
- Relieves stress and promotes an overall feeling of relaxation
- Decreases Inflammation
- Improves Circulation
- Alleviates pain and tension
- Promotes speedy soft tissue recovery from injury or over use
- Improves mobility and flexibility
- Relieves discomfort and pain related to pregnancy (*Perinatal massage*)
- Reduces muscular pain and tension
- Promotes a general feeling of well being
What Kinds of Conditions Can Massage Therapy Help?
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Problems associated with pregnancy
- Circulatory problems
- Sports Injuries
- Sleep Disorders
- Running Injuries
- Golfing Injuries
- Postural Dysfunction
- Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow
At Performance Chiropractic, we strive to provide you with quality sports therapy using the most up to date rehabilitation services designed for hockey, soccer, and track athletes. With a combination of Active Release Techniques and Functional Movement Screening, Performance Chiro can tailor a specific treatment plan designed to meet your personal and athletic goals.
Kinesio taping is a form of performance tape that gives support to muscles and joints while allowing the body and muscles to move without restricted movement.
It is an efficient method to relax overuse injuries, stimulate weak muscles, and reduce pain and swelling.
At Performance Chiropractic we use kinesiotape for a variety of conditions, in order to enhance rehabilitation, performance and training. Kinesio tape is used to alleviate pain from headaches to plantar fasciitis and almost everything in between.